Monday, April 11, 2011

Oriental Princess


                                          Devon, oil on canvas, 8"x12" by June Pascal

This here is a small portrait of a most remarkable little girl when she was young. One day, her Mom
tells me that at one point of scolding Devon for being naughty, the child turns to the mother and says
"Do not hit me. You know why? Before I was born, I had a choice of mothers to whom I can be born to. And of all the mothers I can choose from, I chose you. You know why.? Because I knew that you will love me take care of me and  keep me from harm." So, what do you say to that?

Now, really, if you think about it, that kind of makes sense. For me, it does. One can choose the set of parents you get born to. Sort of design your own karma. I think I chose mine well. I hope my children
think so too.  With good parents, half the battle is won.

No comments:

Post a Comment